Adopt A Park
The primary goal and purpose of the City of Memphis Adopt A Park program is to establish beautiful and well-maintained parks, clean and free of litter. Adopt A Park energizes new neighborhood volunteers to participate in activities that build community support and advocacy for public parks and green spaces while creating a beautiful, cleaner environment for all to enjoy.
Adopt A Park Programs
Keep it beautiful!
With prior approval, plant flowers, trees and shrubs on park grounds or at park entrances. Additional work options include weeding, simple pruning, or trail/pathway maintenance.
Keep it clean!
Pick up and remove litter in the park and along adjacent streets, minimum monthly or more frequently if necessary.
Be the eyes and ears for your park!
Monitor and report any vandalism, suspicious activity, damaged property/equipment, graffiti, fallen trees or other hazards.
- Sign official adoption agreement/waiver.
- Commit to a minimum of one year.
- Attend a brief training session.
- Select/designate a lead contact person.
- Complete a monthly activity report outlining your work as well as participating volunteers. Reports can be emailed to Memphis City Beautiful at email@example.com or faxed to 901.523.0652.
- Recruit volunteers! Adopters are encouraged to partner with area neighborhood associations, schools, businesses, churches or civic groups.
CITY OF MEMPHIS/MEMPHIS CITY BEAUTIFUL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide Adopter Information Packet to include: agreement/waiver, volunteer waiver/registration sheet, monthly activity report, safety tips, and Memphis City Beautiful Tool Bank form.
- Starter Kit – reusable bag, vest, and work gloves.
- Official Adoption Certificate
- Adopters acknowledged on Adopt A Park sign and website.
- Collect and remove trash bags and other debris, as necessary.
Individuals, Families, Community Organizations, Churches, Neighborhood Associations, Civic/Service Clubs, Youth Groups, Businesses, Sororities/Fraternities or Schools/Universities.
Contact us about adopting a park.